Highlights of CMI Management Meeting – February 2023, by Lawrence Teh
The Management Committee (comprising the President, the Vice-Presidents, the Secretary-General, the Treasurer and the Administrator, assisted by the Head Office Manager) met on 8 February 2023 in Antwerp to discuss CMI business and to make recommendations to the Executive Council. Among the matters addressed were:
- Financial issues, and the fact that the CMI was still in the midst of an extended fiscal year owing to changes in Belgian regulations changing financial years from January-to-January to April-to-April. Matters such as CMI invoices to national maritime law associations in the light of changes to the financial year, CMI’s cash position, reimbursement policy regarding registration fees of EXCO members at CMI events and the overall financial health of the CMI were considered and it was concluded that the past and present Treasurers should make a presentation to EXCO at its next meeting. The composition of the Audit Committee members was also discussed.
- EXCO member liaison with national maritime law associations.
- Review of the status of the 2023 yCMI Essay Prize competition
- Reviewing of international working groups and standing committees and their work
- Terms of employment of the Head Office Manager
- Singapore regional office
- Montreal Colloquium
- Judicial Sales project
- Yearbook, website, newsletter, handbook
- Possible applications by maritime law associations for membership
- Dates for EXCO meeting
- Terms of Vice-President Dieter Schwampe and Secretary-General Rosalie Balkin
- Renewability of terms of EXCO members